Sunday, January 19, 2014

gittin again

You might or might not remember this post (link) about gittin.  I'm a little uncomfortable with it because I'm not really in any position to give mussar or talk about these issues.  For whatever reason, I do so anyways.  Either way, in that post I criticized a certain Rabbi Safran for his ridiculous article.  I just found someone else who also takes him to task in a very interesting way, so I just wanted to link to that as well (link).  I note that in general I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the crazy stuff on Daas Torah, but here he is right on the mark.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, sometimes it seems as if there's a powerful push towards liberalism, as if we have to compensate for espousing religion, which is fundamentally traditional. This is absurd-read any study about divorced homes and you'll see the problems. Live your life for six months and you'll see the crests and troughs. What a silly thing to be said by a Rabbi Dr nonetheless. Chucha V'itulila from the OU, as you can witness from the comments on Daas Torah.
    If anyone needs to take a stand for strong family values, its us.
    Baal Hachalomos

    ReplyDelete